Is it blasphemy for calling it a character birthday if you call that character bae/husband? Well, it is what it is.
In the spirit of Gemini-based egoism I know the birthdays of a number of characters near my own birthday, the top favorites being the Matsuno brothers (5/24) and Izumi Konata (5/28). While I love them to death, I never did a thing about it.
But for God Seven… how could I not?
The following inevitably contains spoilers.
The liner notes:
– Originally I was going to make a cake and started looking up honey butter cake recipes, but with all the back-to-back birthdays in the family (my brother and I are a week apart) and all the desserts on/in-between/after, I decided for my own health a big cake is a bad idea when there’s already two on deck…
– 707 was pretty easy to formulate: Dr. Pepper and honey butter chips are vital, so I decided either a soda milkshake or float would work. I went with float since a milkshake would taste fine but look muddy because of the soda color, lol.
Whipped cream makes up the top layer, crushed HB chips and mini bungeoppang (aka “fish-shaped bread”) to top.
– Unknown was a little harder since ideally I wanted to design for Saeran, but what else is known except he likes candy, ice cream, looking at clouds, and he lead a miserable life? So in order to create some theme I had to lean on the Unknown end of things. I wanted broken glass candy to make a layer between the ice cream and cotton candy, but I couldn’t find any and didn’t have the time/will to make it myself. The closest I could find is a pack of rock candy pops. Mint ice cream base, with glass candy + strawberry licorice wire for bursting through Rika’s apartment window, and a cherry bomb to top.
“Make-Believe World” as in “I’ll destroy your pathetic make-believe world” from the RFA VIP guide.
Why cotton candy? Because in his ideal world, he’d stare at clouds all day. :)
I never imagined ice cream and cotton candy together but apparently it is already a thing…
– Because I was working with so many cold ingredients I tried to assemble everything quickly before they melted. Once both sundaes were set I went to snap the picture… forgot the memory card. In the time it took me to run and grab it, 707’s float started to melt and spill over, so I had to add another layer of whipped cream.
– I had my two younger siblings help me finish everything off to avoid a sugar rush/stomachache lol. The float is actually really good, even with the HB chips in it! They polished off the other sundae.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to get back to hugging my mountain of 707 pillows and enoying this fanart flood. Happy birthday, twins!